Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Out with the OLD...in with the NEW




I don't want to just remember 2013, I want to think about the past and use it to make my 2014 explosive. 2013 has been a year of ups and downs like no other. I made some amazing new friends, lost someone very special to me, and published a book. If that isn't a complete opposite of ups and downs, I don't know what is.

So many emotions conflicted within me in 2013 that I had whiplash as each new day brought on a new set. Through it all, one thing remained constant and that was the Lord above. My faith in the Lord gave me strength to push on.

This is what I have learned from 2013:

1) The death of a loved one can make or break you. You can regret what you didn't do or you can be more forward with people. When they are gone, they are gone, and there is no way to redo what is done. But in the moment, when you have a decision to make- make it wisely, and remember the life that is lost and the regrets that you had. Don't put off what you can do right now, and remember that there is no expiration date on our lives. BE PROACTIVE

2) People can be pretty disappointing, but they can also mend a very frail heart. I have met some fabulous people- authors, fellow Christians, just random people- this last year and I draw on that connection to get me through, and, in return, I can strive. Have faith in people even when someone else gives you a reason to stop the faith. And you know what, it get's exhausting being let down over and over and over again. It takes a strong person to continue to have faith after all that. BE STRONG

3) Your dreams may fail, but it may not be the right dream for you. I can't tell you how many times I have attempted to do something, and it never sticks. But when it's the right thing, and the right time, it will stay with you. There is no completion without passion because we as people have very little self-discipline. DON'T GIVE UP

4) Love is a constant build up and break down.  Love can be a glorious feeling. It can also hurt like hell when number 2 above presents itself. I have seen love; lie, hate, and accuse, but if you let it, love can take you to a whole new level when it's real. It's hard to let love take over when you have been burned so many times, but your going to miss it if you don't let your defenses down. It's hard, I know, but it's also worth every moment, and I don't want to miss an opportunity because I am holding on to something someone else has done to me. OPEN YOUR HEART

Don't let the weight of the world and the things that life can bring you, get you down. With every circumstance, with every new friendship/relationship, with everything new- comes a choice. Choose to be happy.

My 2013 list!

1.) Favorite book- Sacrifice of Love  by Quinn Loftis



2.) Favorite song- Whatever You're Doing by Sanctus Real



3.) Favorite moment- My first review for Fractured Heart.





















4.) Favorite Bible verse- Jeremiah 29:11



5.) Life changing moment of 2013- Publishing my first book!





















6.) The book I was most looking forward to reading in 2013- Allegiant by Veronica Roth. Did I read it? No! Why? Because of all the bad reviews, (I was waiting for the hype to die down.) but I usually don't let reviews decide if I am going to read something or not, so it's still sitting on my TBR shelf, and as soon as I finish The Fiery Heart- I'm reading Allegiant.





















7.) Favorite movie- Frozen





















Now, 2013 is over and 2014 is here. I want to focus on 2014 and getting through it productively and more aware. I have goals and they are:

1.) Be more attentive to my kids.
2.) Write without distractions.
3.) Read at least one book a week.
4.) Interact more with others.
5.) Pray more.

I wish you all a productive and positive 2014!